My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Visit With The Grandparents

Although I go "home" a lot with my kids, we have not spent the night at my dad's for many years. I have a lot of family in the area since I grew up there, but we always stay with Vicki. This time, my dad asked us to stay with him! The kids were so excited. They were even more excited when Daddy told them that he was setting up his BIG tent...the one he uses in Colorado every year....for us all to sleep in. I just love him for wanting to do something fun with them like that! Even though the kids don't get to see him and my step mother as much as their other grandparents, they LOVE them and can't wait to go to their house...the house that I grew up in. When we got there, we went to see my dad's horses and cattle on some of his new property. The kids love seeing the cows and are especially excited when there have new calves. They keep waiting for the day when they will get to ride the horses. I have always told them of how we grew up riding horses....how at Madison's age we would go out there alone, saddle them up, and ride whenever we wanted. They think that I grew up in the coolest place ever :).An old house on Daddy's new property

3 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Moments like this just touch my heart.

7:55 PM  
Blogger SabrinaT said...

That looks like a wonderful time!!
We miss our family more and more each day. 18 more months and we will be back in the states..

Oh, and yes the colors will stay that good. As long as I follow the after tattoo directions ( I had no idea), it only took him about an hour! I will NEVER get another one...

5:13 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

This looks like such a wonderful time. Great family moments.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home