My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 27, 2010

Colorado Trip 2010...Days 5 & 6

We spent our last day at the zoo and at a great indoor rock climbing place. I'd read a lot of good stuff about the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, so I was very excited to see it. It turned out to be just as good as we expected, and the weather was beautiful. It did rain and storm, but it didn't happen until we were getting ready to leave. We spent about 3 hours there.

Feeding he giraffes Carter answered one of the trainer's questions right, so he got to toss the monkey some food.We got to see some of the animals up very close during a show with some of the trainers.We had so much fun watching all of the chipmunks around Colorado. They have chipmunks running around there like we have squirrels here. The chipmunks were so much bigger than our Alvin. He looked so tiny to us when we got back home to him.Baby kangarooCarter got excited when he spotted this bee pollinating a flower.
The rock climbing place was SO AMAZING! Carter thought he had walked into heaven!
Madison, Patrick, Carter, and Jeff had to go through some training beforehand to learn to belay. It was scary for me at first to think of them having to depend on each other to climb so high. They learned well and were all able to both climb and belay.
We ended up spending four hours rock climbing!! Patrick hurt his foot jumping off of one of the high climbing surfaces, but at least he was able to do some rock climbing before he got hurt!JeffMadisonCarterCarter BelayingMadison Belaying

We got up early the next morning and headed home. It was so hard for me to leave that park.
We had traveled through Oklahoma and Kansas on the way to Colorado so that we could stop and see my dad, stepmom, and nephew on a pipelining job. We decided to travel through New Mexico and Texas on the way home. I was glad we did because there are some beautiful things to see south of Colorado City and into New Mexico. It's always hard for me to watch the last mountain disappear in the distance from my rear view mirror. I only hope that it doesn't take us five years to go back this time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

What a glorious vacation!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Dana Leeds said...

What a great trip! We've been to Colorado a few times and love it. The baby kangaroo and the climbing wall look amazing!

Thanks for your comment about my co-op. As far as how I do it, well, so far.. not very well! :-) This is the first time I've taught like this and it is really hard finding a balance. (Yes, I think I might have taken on too much.) And, my daughter is actually there basically 2 days a week. We are having a really hard time getting her homework done and have barely touched the subjects I planned on doing at home.

So, this is definitely a learning situation for us! I hope we can figure it out and make it work. We have actually had several minor emergencies (dental and no a/c several days) and we had company one full day then tons of laundry. So, there has been nothing 'normal' about these first 2 weeks. Again, I'm hoping we figure out how to make this all work! But, I'm really enjoying the classes I'm teaching and it IS keeping us on track on those subjects.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home