My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm A Great Aunt!!!

Welcome sweet baby Emery Ann!! I love you so much!

Twenty-three years ago, my oldest sister, Lori, made me an aunt for the first time when she gave birth to her daughter, Jessica. I had just graduated high school and was at Lori's house more than my own. When Jessica was born, I got the first little idea of what it would feel like to have my own baby. She was so precious to me...more than I ever thought a baby could be.
Our baby Jessica is now a mother....Emery's mother. My first niece made me a great aunt yesterday. Just as Jessica gave me a glimpse of what it would be like to be a mom, Emery has given me a glimpse of what it will feel like when my children start having babies of their own. I thank God for every year that he gives me to live and experience days like yesterday. These are the moments that we live for....that make life worth living.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

That's beautiful and I feel the same way :-). I wouldn't give anything for having been there all together yesterday. It was the first time the three of us got to wait outside together to welcome a new baby.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Awwww...that is so sweet and so true. We have come full circle!! We have many more times to wait outside of those doors! We are so blessed.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

So sweet. Congratulations.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

How beautiful! Congrats!!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home