My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 03, 2011

Our Last Year

Awanas has been a part of my life since before I even had children. I remember signing up to serve as a listener with a group of girls in the church that Jeff and I attended before we had children. Even before I was a mother, I just felt a need to be with children. I wanted to be involved in the things that my children might some day be a part of. It was exciting when Madison finally reached the age to start Cubbies, the youngest group in the Awana club. She was so proud to get her blue vest, as were Patrick and Carter when they came along. Each time Madison moved up to the next vest or shirt, the boys would become excited about getting one of their own. When my children were all in blue and red, I remember thinking that the TNT children, dressed in green shirts, were so old compared to mine. Then, somehow I looked up to realize that Madison was in a green shirt.
Now, I have my youngest, Carter, in that TNT shirt for the last year before moving up to youth with Madison and Patrick.

I still can't believe that Madison and Patrick are in youth. Next year I will have three children in youth instead of three children in Awanas. I knew it was going to happen fast....I have been told that from the day that I started having kids. I know it from watching my sisters with their older children, but it still surprised me. I do look forward to becoming involved in youth with them. I want to enjoy every minute of it because I know that it too will come and go so quickly!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I love that hat! My kids used to be in Awanas, and I could never come up with a good hat idea.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home