My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, April 06, 2009

Worm Dissection

Patrick has been begging me to dissect something in Science. This year we are finally studying vertebrates and invertebrates, so I ordered a dissection kit with a worm, grasshopper, and frog. Today, we dissected the worm. Madison would NOT have anything to do with it. Patrick and Carter helped me cut it. We used our chart to identify all of the parts and learn about the different systems. Afterwards, Carter dug a hole in the yard for us to bury the worm..it just didn't feel right to throw it into the trash! It was a fun project, but I'm not sure how Madison will make it through the frog!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tisha said...

I'm glad the boys enjoyed it. I did all of the animals I had to in school, but it definitely wasn't my favorite thing to do. lol

9:49 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Your such a GREAT mom! Tell M that I did the worm and frog in class, she can do it too!

Elijah isn't into this as of yet...but I bet Remy will be. Did it smell as bad as I remember?

10:13 PM  
Blogger chandra said...

Glad ya'll had fun with that. Aaron is really wanting to do some dissections since he is finishing up Biology this year. He wants to do the pig!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

How very interesting. Hannah has to do a worm this year and we are heading to the end of the school year and she STILL does not want to do it. I remember doing it in school, a worm and a frog.It was fun for me. Do you know that the schools here where I live, dissect baby pigs and cats? It makes me cringe. I would fail the class because no way could I do it. :0(

5:56 AM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

Very cool! That's so cute that Carter dug a hole for it to be buried in.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home