My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Church Crawfish Boil

I took the kids swimming at our wellness center on Friday then spent a beautiful Saturday outside. Carter had baseball practice from 11:00 until 3:00. Jeff is the head coach for the team this year. It's a lot of responsibility and takes a lot of time, but he is enjoying it so much. Madison and I love to sit and watch them practice while Patrick runs around the ballpark with his friends. After practice, we had a crawfish boil with some friends from our church. We ate crawfish until we couldn't hold anymore...I know I did...then played for the rest of the evening. Carter and his friends climbed everything within reach...the playground equipment, trees, fences, etc. Patrick and his friend chased the girls around and hung out. Jeff, Madison, and I played baseball with some of the kids. My friend, Rebecca, showed us all that she could indeed hit and catch while I only showed them why I chose to be a cheerleader for 7 years instead of playing ball. We had a great time. It's so nice to gather with those that we see every Sunday in church...to really get to know them on a more personal level. We are blessed with an amazing Sunday School class. We are close enough to really share our problems and joys and to know that there is a true concern for one another. I look forward to many more days of fellowship with them!

7 Comments:

Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

It looks like y'all had a great time! Fellowship and just hanging out with church friends is so much fun!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Motherbird said...

Looks like a fun day!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Awwwwww....fun times!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful day! Crawfish, MMM! I am ready for some more!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sounds like a wonderful Saturday!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

Sounds great! Crawfish are yummy!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Looks like a really fun day. Beautiful people to hang out with, do sports with and chat...one thing I would change:

EWWWWWW, CRAWFISH?

They are like spiders of the lake.

Sorry, those things would wash up on shore and bloat. I couldn't IMAGINE actually EATING something like that! I guess it must be an aquired taste?

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home