My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Valentines 2009

It's appropriate that I am so late posting my Valentines post because it really got lost a little in the activity surrounding our cruise. We arrived home only two days before Valentines, so I really should have planned things beforehand. However, with all of the packing and stuff, it just got overlooked before we left. We did end up having a great day, though!
I loved the fact that Valentines Day fell on a Saturday. Jeff usually misses the kids getting up to their treats, but he got to be here this year.
I made heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast.
Our plans to go to the movies in the afternoon almost fell through when Carter got sick off of too much chocolate. Like every Valentines Day, I let them have as much chocolate as they wanted whenever they wanted it. As for Carter, this usually means that his is gone before breakfast. Luckily, he got over his stomach ache, and we were able to go see Coraline. After the movie, the boys wanted to ride the carousel in the mall. Like always, Carter wanted the seat that spins around. My first thought was that Patrick would get sick. Like me, he gets motion sickness easily, especially when spinning in circles. I didn't even think about Carter already having a weak stomach from that morning. All three of them..our neighbor, Josh, was with us as well...got into the seat with one other boy. Everything seemed fine the first time around, but I knew it was going downhill when they came around the second time. By the third round, all three of the boys were yelling for the other boy to stop spinning, to no avail. By the time the ride stopped, all three of them were sick. I grabbed them immediately and started for the mall bathrooms. I cut in front of one lady, trying to explain that I had some boys about to throw up. None of them did throw up, but had to sit awhile to let their stomachs settle. Luckily, I still had some Bonine(motion sickness pills) in my purse from our cruise, so I gave one to each one of them. I don't think they will be getting on the spinning seat on the carousel again any time soon! Jeff had a singing that night, so I offered to keep my nieces for Jeff's brother so his wife could go along. Jeff and I had just had five days alone...we'd had our Valentines Day early. My kids were excited to have Jayden and Annabeth over for the evening. We had a great time. They brought us a yummy cookie cake, which was nearly gone by the end of the evening.
So, I learned that we CAN have a good time without all of the planning. Everything we did was very "last minute" yet still worked out.

6 Comments:

Blogger Niczi said...

It sounds like y'all had a great Valentine's Day! I'm sorry Carter got sick! I'm glad he felt better in time for the movie! That's funny about the carousel! I'm glad you had medicine for them.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

Oops! Sorry, Sherri! I did not think about being logged in under hubby's ID when I logged in his browser! lol

10:36 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Haha...I figured out that it was at least someone in your family. Thanks for the note. I'm glad that I had the medicine too! There's no way that I could ever cruise without them! They are supposed to be taken once a day, but on a cruise, I have to take them every twelve hours. They work like a charm with NO side effects.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day! ... The only thing we did was go shopping. *lol*

4:00 PM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

Sounds like a lovely Valentine's Day!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Glad to hear that they day turned out nice and you were able to pull it altogether at such short notice. You are a supermom!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home