My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 26, 2009

We Have A Teenager!

I could go on and on about how it makes me feel to type those words, but readers will either understand it already(if they have made it to this point) or not get it even after they read my words(if they haven't arrived yet). Yes, I knew from the moment that Madison left my body that she would grow to be a teenager....I have felt it approaching more quickly as each year has passed, but I still cannot comprehend that she is anything other than our little baby. Our little baby is now our big baby...our teenager. I hope we made this particular birthday special for her...one she will always remember.
We skipped school on her actual birthday and went to see a movie. Before going to the movies, we let her open one of her gifts. Then, Madison's Mimi and her niece, Anna Beth, came by to wish her a happy birthday.

















I let her take a friend with us...a homeschool friend, of course, since it was during school hours. Her friend came home with us afterwards for cake and gifts.
We had her birthday party with some of her friends and cousins this past weekend. My sister, Vicki, and I took the girls to get their nails done then to see a movie. Afterwards, we did a little shopping before going home to have gumbo for dinner. Vicki made the gumbo, so it was very yummy!









We have had so many birthday cakes lately that Madison decided that she wanted a cookie cake instead. I really wanted to get a cake so we could have it decorated in a young teenager theme. I didn't think we could get that with a cookie cake, but we did...we loved it!! Madison and I had such a good time picking out everything for the cake table. Of course, she loves party planning as much as I do!
Madison opened her gifts then gave the girls the little gift bags that she made up for them. Afterwards, we played Bingo and some other games. The girls finally went to bed around 4:00, but not before a "classic slumber party game" of Truth or Dare! Yes, I was the one taking the pictures because the girls insisted that I join in. I once wrote an article titled "I'm Still Invited". I wrote it one evening after Madison and her friends had insisted that I join them in their playtime. At that time, I knew that there would come a day when they would no longer want me there...perhaps when they were teenagers. As I sat there with them two nights ago...across from my teenage daughter, I once again counted my blessings for having been invited. Yes, I was very tired and ready to go to bed, but would have never told them no. I laughed and carried on right along with them and watched them quit their game as I went to bed, hearing them claiming that it just wouldn't be the same without me. I don't know how much longer this will be true, but I will grab every moment while I can.









Happy Birthday Madison...my first baby...my teenager! We love you!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Oh hon, I know how you feel! I remember the day that Hannah became a teenager. I was so excited, but also wanted to cry! It looks like a wonderful birthday and I love the colors that she chose. Too cute! Happy Birthday Madison!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Motherbird said...

A very happy birthday to your new teenager! And a big hug for her Mom! I will have a teenager of my own in a few months. Yikes!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

So glad I was there...I wish I could have stayed up for Truth or Dare. Maybe next time :-)

I wish I had some of that gumbo right now!!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

Happy birthday to a very beautiful - both inside and out - girl!

8:52 AM  
Blogger chandra said...

Isn't it amazing how fast the time flies!! I totally understand. I am glad you were invited to join her fun. I love having a teenager and soon I will have two! Happy Late Birthday to Madison.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Tisha said...

Awww! What a sweet 13th birthday! It couldn't have been any more perfect. :)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

She's such a beautiful young lady! Looks like everyone had an awesome time at the party. I just love the birthday cookie!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday!!! You are blessed to have such a wonderful daughter! :D (Of course, you knew that already! *lol*)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

What a fun teenage party! That is so awesome. I can't imagine what that day will be like for us when we have a teen in the house. Right now I am thinking it will be strange to have a 5 year old.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

I love you Madison! Have a wonderful year!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home