My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Coyboys And Baby Animals

Jeff planned a great weekend for our family. On Friday night, we went to bull riding, something that we all really enjoyed the one other time that we took the kids. We got great seats close to the bulls and filled up on lots of nachos and junk food....even though we had already eaten a big meal at home :). As always, the bull riding was very exciting and fun to watch. My nephew, Stephen (Vicki's son) stayed the night, so he and I stayed up until 4:30 in the morning playing Spades. It was so much fun. On Saturday, Jeff took all of us to Cracker Barrel for a late breakfast/lunch before heading to the Ag Expo here in town. The farming stuff was educational, but the area set aside with animals to pet and hold was great!! There were goats and horses, but the funnest part was getting to hold baby ducks, life crawfish, and a SQUIRREL! We were so excited. The squirrel was a part of a rehabilitation program that we learned we could become a part of. The kids and I would sit through a 16 hour course, then open our home one animal at a time while it recovers from whatever wound or problem that it has. I am so excited about this as part of our homeschool experience. I just have to make sure that the kids understand that we are only fostering them until they are well enough to give back. I think this will be the hardest part.Carter is going to play in the Awana games this year, so I had to have him at practice for 2 hours before our regular Awana activities. It was a busy day, but I made myself stop playing cards a little earlier the night before so I would be ready for the day! We also had our awards assembly during the church service. Patrick and Carter both got acknowledged for finishing their books! Carter also won the drawing for a huge bag of M & M's...just what we needed :)!
Thank you ,Jeff, for finding fun things for us to do and sharing them with us. I'm glad Stephen was here to be a part of our weekend.
The kids will be off of school today (Monday). Madison has a friend over, and both of the boys have had friends ask if they could play today. It should be a fun day, especially if Stephen sticks around to play cards with me :)!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Fostering an animal sounds awesome. I know that you and your kids are gonna really enjoy something like that!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bull riding looks like fun... We've never been to a rodeo before, but we're hoping to attend the Molalla Buckeroo this coming 4th of July... We've lived in Molalla for over 2 years now and have yet to go to one. *lol*

ahhhh... The Awana games. I remember doing those when I was a kid. I mainly remember being the center for our floor hockey team. *lol*

9:06 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

I think it would be hard to have to say goodbye to the animals when they are ready to go back :-(. It would be a good thing to do, though.
I'm glad you had a fun weekend and so glad Stephen was there with you.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sounds like a great weekend! That animal program sounds right up the school alley and I think your kids would enjoy it. It will be fun if you do it to see the animals you foster.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Tisha said...

That's neat about fostering an animal. My Mom has a little Dr Doolittle in her. She fostered a bob cat. He was beautiful! It was hard for her to let him go, but she did. She's done lots of wild animals. You'll love it! My parents rodeo and the boys love it! It doesn't matter how many times they've seen the bulls buck, they still get just as excited as the first time. :)

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home