My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, December 28, 2008

More of Christmas 08

It's hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone. Of course, with Jeff still home and everyone on break, it doesn't feel completely over yet.
We've had a lot of fun this past week. We did some more Christmas crafts.
We made our Frosty snacks for Frosty night.
In the middle of everything, Madison climbed the wrong tree and ended up with poison ivy again...sigh! We knew what to do this time to keep it from spreading too much, but it was still very irritating for her.
We went to my dad's on Christmas Eve to spend time with my family. As always, we opened one gift each before leaving.


























Like every year, it was hard to settle everyone down for the night. We set the alarm for 6:00 and told the kids to wait for us to get them up in the morning. We actually had to wake them all up. I love watching their faces as they walk into the living room with all of the gifts from Santa. I love the time that we spend together opening our gifts..one at a time. I love cooking biscuits and gravy for a late breakfast and cooking another big meal for lunch/dinner. Jeff's mom and dad stopped by in the afternoon to visit for a little while. We stayed up until midnight...holding onto Christmas Day for as long as we could. I always hate to see it end, but know that for the next week, we will spend our days playing and spending time together.
On top of Madison's poison ivy, she also ended up with a stomach virus on Christmas Day. She was so sick the day after Christmas that she hardly got off of the couch and didn't play with any of her new things. I was so happy when she finally started feeling better and was able to enjoy herself!


























































7 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Oh Sherri, I am so sorry to hear about Madison being sick and getting poison ivy. Poor baby, she just couldn't get a break could she. Your Christmas did look wonderful even with all of that! I love seeing my kids faces on Christmas morning too. Isn't it just so wonderful to see how excited they are. I just love it! Thank you for sharing your holiday photos with us!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

It looks like y'all had a great Christmas! I love the pictures!

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Christmas sounds wonderful. My husband always takes off the two weeks surrounding Christmas and New Year's. It is such a wonderful family time!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bummer that she got poison ivy again. My sister used to get it all the time. Looks like a wonderful Christmas!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Wow, how fun looking at all these pictures. Kinley loved seeing the ones of Madison's doll. I still wish she would have gotten the one bigger one but she loves the twins.
The picture of Carter opening the science thing is great :-).
Poor Madison...I can't even look at these pictures without feeling sad that she was sick after that.

I'm going to do a post right now of our Christmas.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that Madison was sick for Christmas :( ... Not fun at all... Glad you all had a nice time in spite of that though!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Stagnant Life said...

WOW! you all had lots of fun. I just love doing Christmas crafts. We didn't get to do much this season with our move and all, but at least we had a tree.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home