My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sleepover Party Away From Home

We finally decided to do our first sleepover birthday party at a local hotel. As always, we combined the boys' big birthday party, so we had 8 boys, as well as Jeff, Madison, and myself. I rented the executive suite, so we would have enough room. When we got there, they made us rent an additional room, saying that we couldn't have so many in one room. So, the party ended up a little more expensive than we had planned, but what do you do at that point? It was either do it or turn around an go home with all of those kids! I did get them to come down some on the price of the suite, but still........
It all turned out great anyway! The kids all swam in the indoor pool and ate pizza until around 8:00 that night.

















Then, we went to the room to play Bingo with prizes followed by cake(cupcakes) and gifts. After that, it was a very easy party for me. I made a Club Penguin cupcake cake because so many of the boys are into this right now. They especially loved the new club Penguin cards!



















































We pulled out all of the board games and hooked up the playstation on the huge TV. I popped popcorn and got on the floor and played games with all of them until midnight. Now, usually I let them keep going until everyone falls out with exhaustion on their own, but Jeff called it quits at midnight. None of the boys complained, and I was very grateful when I was still able to function the next day!! Jeff took Patrick and his guests to the extra room while I stayed in the suite with Madison, Carter, and his guest. It worked out well!

























The next morning, I woke everyone up early to gather their stuff and go down to the lobby for a great breakfast! After breakfast, the boys sat around and played/watched TV while waiting for their parents to pick them up.
















Everyone seemed to have had a good time, and no one asked to go home before the night was over. It was like no other party I have ever given any of my children, so it was a fun experience! I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did!
Happy Birthday Patrick and Carter. We love you!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds like a fun party! Ani and Cameron are into Club Penguin, too.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool idea for a party! ... and the really nice part? Clean up falls to housekeeping! ;) *lol* ... And getting to play in the pool is a huge plus! :D

12:09 PM  
Blogger Motherbird said...

Looks like a fun party. Happy Birthday to your boys!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

What a great party! Looks like so much fun and that heated pool looks awesome, Wow!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

You are one awesome mom! We did a Girl Scout party at the motel and it too was a hit!
The Club Penguin cake is way too cool, I've got a few fans of that round here!


Next time you cruise, you'll have to take an excursion and see some ruins.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

What a wonderful party! :)

12:24 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

I'm impressed with the Club Penquin cupcakes :-). Where did you find the penguins? I'm sure you told me but I don't remember. Very nice!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Nielsen said...

Hi Sherri! I loooove your site- the layout and background is FABULOUS!!! You could REALLY tell me some tips- I never have time to learn all that stuff- so I am always basic black! =)
I enjoyed reading every word- I can tell you really enjoy it! I enjoyed visiting with you the other night, too- who would have thought we would have that many similarities!
I have added you as a favorite and will keep up with you here-- and of course at karate.
Thanks for checking mine out, too.
I will talk to you very soon!
Margie

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home