My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fair 2008

Once again, we went with my sister and her family to our old hometown fair. Because it was later in the year than it usually is, we were COLD! We usually get there early and stay until it closes, but it was all we could do to make it one time around and grab all of the junk food we wanted before retreating back to the car! We still had a great time, as always, but weren't so eager to see it to the end this time!! As usual, the kids all brought home cheap light up fair prizes/toys and bellies full of fair fries and funnel cakes. What I brought home were bruises...one on my elbow and four on my legs from a very intense ride that Carter asked me to ride with him. I will usually ride anything with no problem, but I thought I had gone to hell on this one! Carter and I both screamed all the way through it...him because he loved it SO much....me because I just couldn't figure out how in the WORLD I was going to make it to the end. Needless to say, I was finished riding after that one!!!


































It didn't take long to settle everyone down once we got them home and cozy in their warm sleeping bags(notice the girls with their baby carriers. They are never far from their dolls)! With one of Vicki's daughters gone for the weekend, I had her room to myself...at least I thought I would! I ended up with two sleeping partners after all!!
We stayed for the entire weekend, not getting home until late Sunday night. Vicki's son, Stephen, was coming home from the pipeline. We wanted to see him before we left. He has been working on the pipeline with my brother and dad since graduating high school. He is now about to start college. We are all so proud of him.
Thanks again, Vicki, for a great time!! It gets harder and harder to leave every time!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Yep, there's my not so loyal cats LOL.
I'm all for the fair being earlier next year. I just can't take cold like that for very long. Sorry I wimped out!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad about the cold... Sounds like a fun fair though!

I would have loved to snuggle with the cats all night. :D

12:49 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

I am cracking up about that ride! HA HA!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

It sounds like it was a great night! Family memories are priceless! Hopefully your bruises will fade soon! That is hilarious, but what a cool mom you are to ride with them!

12:42 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Even with the cold it sounds like you had a wonderful time just being with family. I had to join in with Chelita, Sherri, that ride story was too funny, ok I am sure that the bruises hurt, but it really made me laugh. LOL!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like a fun fair!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home