My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Library Book Sale

We finally made it to one of our library's book sales. Every month when I read about and see pictures of all of the great books that other people have gotten at these sales, I tell myself that I will not miss the next one. Well, this time, I kept my word. I was very happy with what we ended up with. We got nearly 30 books for $4.30.
I was most excited about the four biography books that I got for .10 each! I wanted these for the kids to be able to choose different people to write reports on. We are so dependent upon the computer for information that I wanted to provide other sources for the kids to go to when writing reports. I also found a great Webster's Dictionary as well as a grammar dictionary. Of course, I was excited when I found the science project book!








I got these for the fun of it, but while looking through them I realized that they are full of history. I got them for .10 each too :)!
We will have to buy more bookshelves for all of the books that we're sure to get at these book sales. I'm afraid we are hooked!

9 Comments:

Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

Awesome deals! I bet those decades books will be a trip to go through.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

I can't wait to look at those three books...especially the 80's one :-). I can't believe you got those for .10 each.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Great books! My MIL is the head of the Morehouse Parish Library system. I'll find out if she's planning anything soon and I'll let you know!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Jami said...

Wow, $4! That is a great deal! I have never been to our library's sale, but just might have to go to the next one!

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome is that?! I wonder if our library does anything like that?

11:02 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Great deals girlio and some great books too!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

You can never go wrong with books, especially at that price! That is one of my weaknesses with my boys is buying books from the Scholastic book orders at school. I will have to try the library sale here!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Awesome deal! Those cultural history books look so neat!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

I love those sales. I have been to two now. You made out girl.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home