My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Queen Wilhelmina State Park

Our first camping trip together away from home was a success!! We camped at the beautiful Queen Wilhelmina State Park in Arkansas...on top of Rich Mountain. We ALL loved it so much. We're so excited about the endless possibilities of new camping sites. I'm so glad that we finally ventured out and look forward to many more adventures.



































Jeff and Carter even found a few rocks to climb. They are so much alike with their need for adventure..I love that about them!

































Madison and Patrick loved cooking over the fire. I let them have free reign on whatever they wanted to put on there! Jeff and I didn't have to cook as much as we thought we would :)!








I was so pleased with how much we all enjoyed the hiking trails. I thought we would do one..probably the shortest..and be done with it. We ended up doing all of them!




























































Thanks to everyone for all of the helpful tips...we appreciated and used them! Thankyou, Jeff, for another amazing adventure!

12 Comments:

Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

The park looks so beautiful!!! It sounds like y'all had a great time!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Stagnant Life said...

What a beautiful place to camp! Glad to hear you all had a great time.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

Beautiful! Glad you had a good time!

Every time I see pictures of you and your kids I can never get over how incredibly YOUNG you look! Like totally not old enough to be Madison's mother.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all! :D ... Camping is so much fun!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

What a breath taking place to camp!
The pictures you took are just beautiful.
Sure looks like you all had one wonderful time : )

7:21 AM  
Blogger chandra said...

WOW!! That park looks so so beautiful!! I am glad ya'll enjoyed a nice weekend "roughing it".

9:16 AM  
Blogger Amz said...

What a gorgeous place! The scenery is amazing. How can you not have a good time in a place like that!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

Those mountains look beautiful. I have seen some really breathtaking photos of the Ozarks. (Is that the general area you were?) I miss camping, sigh....

2:56 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Simply beautiful!
It would appear that you had a wonderful adventure!
I enjoy camping and am glad that you ventured past the backyard!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

What beautiful photos! I'm too chicken too camp away from home yet. We also enjoy backyard camping! I keep thinking that when our children are older, we'll venture out more. But with them still so little, it makes me nervous. We do little day trips to beautiful surrounding areas instead...it works for now! I'm glad to hear you all had such a great time!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Okay, girl this was so beautiful!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Oh Sherri those photos were awesome! What a beautiful place. I am so glad that y'all had so much fun on your "official first camping trip." I can't wait until the weather is cool enough for my family to take its first camping trip of the season here.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home