My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cell Division

We have been studying cell division and mitosis in Science. It surprised me how interested Carter was in all of it. He actually got down on the floor by the book and was trying to explain it back to me. Yesterday, I took out all of our yarn to make models of each step of cell division. They all enjoyed it, but Carter LOVED it. After taking pictures of all of the models, Madison suggested putting them into a stop motion video, so we could watch the process in motion. It turned out great! One of the things that I love the most about homeschooling is being able to do so much hands on learning. The kids understood the cell division process so much more after our activity...and they enjoyed learning it!








InterphaseProphaseMetaphaseAnaphaseTelephase
Cytokinesis

6 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Great job you guys!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

Very cool!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

That is soooo neat! I love the video idea!

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great idea to learn a lesson... I will have to try and remember this, for when Jared learns about it. :D

11:17 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

You are so creative...your kids are lucky :-). I wish you were teaching Kinley and Landon.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Wonderful!!!! You guys are so fun with your schooling. :)

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home