My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

More Creating

These days Madison either has a pencil in her hand drawing or a needle sewing. She was so excited to come across a kit that my good friend, Chelita, bought her for her birthday. It contains everything she needs to sew a little doll and make a dress for her. She cut out all of the pieces shortly after her birthday, but then forgot about it. I'm so excited to see how it turns out. Madison also found the rugs that we started making in Social Studies last year and finished weaving hers. All I have to do is remember how to cut it off of the loom the right way. I'll have to pull out my books from last year! I will post a picture of the rug and the doll when she is finished with them.








Speaking of creating, here is the cup that I painted in August. I posted a picture of it before it was fired, but this is the finished product. I still haven't built up enough nerve to actually drink out of it!
I bought a lot of fun things to do and make for Halloween Day. We are looking forward to it!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

It looks like she is having fun! Where did you find crafts for Halloween? My kids love crafts. I need to get out and find some things for us to do. They have a craft impaired Mom! Your cup looks awesome!!!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

We got the Halloween crafts from Target a few weeks ago. They are cute little critters that actually move on their own with little batteries after you make them! I also found some little Halloween puzzles today to add to our stash. I found those at Toys R Us.
Thanks for the note!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Cannot wait to see the doll when it is finished. I literally cannot sew a stitch, but wish I could. At this point am not sure I will learn...it is much easier taking things to my mother-in-law and having her fix it!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

I can't wait to see that little doll that Madison is working on. Your mug is so cute. Great job girly. We are having a little homeschool Halloween party too tomorrow and then we are off to a big Halloween party that night. Have lots of spooky fun y'all!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

Awesome! There's something so satisfying about creating.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Oh, Mrs. Chelita can't wait to see the dolly!

We should have a sewing day one day!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home