My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, December 06, 2008

No More Single Digits!









Our baby turned 10 years old!! Poor Carter...no matter how old he gets, I will always think of him as my baby. I try so hard not to treat him like he is younger than he is. I want him to have room to grow and mature, but it's hard to step back sometimes. It's not that I even want to have a baby around.....like I am trying to keep him a baby. It's just that no matter how old he gets, he is my youngest and will always be our baby.
Carter was excited to turn 10! We skipped school on his birthday and spent the day at home. We let Carter open one of his gifts in the morning before Jeff left...club penguin DS game....and saved the other for later that night. Jeff's parents came over again, and we let Carter have a friend over for pizza and cake. We played Bingo with little prizes and let them sleep on the floor and watch a movie that night. I love giving each one of them their special day. They share so much, but this is one day that belongs only to them!


















Happy birthday, Carter. We love you!!!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a problem with treating my youngest "too young"... I try to work on it, but am not always successul. (she is 5)

Happy birthday to your little man!!!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Looks like Carter had a great day! I saw him hugging the Martian Maker present. You will have to let me know how that is. My boys were wanting it!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Happy Birthday to a Sweet and Handsome young man!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Fatcat said...

My "baby" is 10 too!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Not You're Average Soccer Mom said...

Awww happy birthday lil man! I am finally back to blogging hope all has been well with you!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

Happy Birthday, Carter! I cannot imagine my youngest being 10!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

Well, he looks like a happy boy! I think it's great for people to have their own special day on their birthday. That cake looks great, btw!

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aqqq...Happy Late birthday Carter! Bryce will be 10 in 2009...I am handling it okay...but Carter is your Scotty (my BABY) and I know I will be a basketcase whem he turns 10! :( They grow too fast!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I remember when he turned 8 and now he's 10 and my Ani is 8, almost 9. Where has the time gone? Happy birthday Carter!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday Carter! That cake looks delicious. I love following their birthdays every year, Sherri. You always seem to make it so special for them.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

What fun!

I had to laugh when I opened your blog. I changed my blog template this morning BEFORE I came here...and then clicked on your blog in my favorites and relized that I'd chosen the same template you have! (It's been awhile since I've been here!)

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad he had a wonderful day!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sounds like a wonderful family day celebration for him.

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home