My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 08, 2009

A Look Back At 2008!

January
Patrick and Carter started taking karate. It has been such a great thing for both of them!
Madison turned 12.
We bought Kitty, our little guinea pig.
February
We threw Madison a "rock n roll" birthday party.
The boys got their first promotions in karate.
March

We painted Madison's room pink.
We had our first and only snow of the year.
We spent Easter with my family.
April

We cleaned the pool and got it ready for summer.
May
Jeff started teaching us all to play tennis.

We finished year 3 of homeschooling! We celebrated with a sleepover in our tent.

June

Vicki and I turned 40 on Father's Day.

We went to my family reunion..my dad was able to be there!
July



We painted our kitchen/dining room.
We spent the weekend at the lake for Jeff's family reunion. The kids all learned to knee board!
August

Vicki and I vacationed together with our families at Navarre Beach in Florida.

Our precious guinea pig, Kitty, died.


September

Jeff and I went on a cruise. It was cut short one day because of hurricane Gustav.

We started our 4th year of homeschooling! We always welcome the new school year in with pizza.

October

We took the kids on their first camping trip...to Camp Wilhelmina.
We celebrated the beginning of fall at my friend, Chelita's, fall party.
November

We went to my old hometown fair with Vicki and her family.

Patrick turned 11!

We celebrated Thanksgiving at home with Vicki and her family.
December

Carter turned 10!
Jeff turned 39.
We enjoyed another wonderful, blessed holiday season.

9 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

That was great! I love how many times we were in there or I knew we were there LOL. Now I want to copy you and go do one of these. Seeing it like this make you realize how fast a year goes by because all that stuff feels like it happened yesterday.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

What a wonderful, wonderful year you guys have had. I got all choked up seeing the pictures and remembering when you talked about doing those things.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

What a wonderful year! I hope that this year is full of wonderful memories too!

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Cool post! I should have done something like that. :D

10:47 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

What a year! I am trying very hard to do this on my blog...

9:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment and stopping by! Your year looks like it was a very blessed one. I hope for the same this year!

Amy

12:37 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

looks like a great year!
we're getting ready to go on a cruise next month - our first one...anything i should know before we go? we're planning on a 7day to the caribbean.

btw, marley and me is really sweet. there were just some adult themes that i don't think would be best for little kids, just my opinion. :)

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is GREAT!!! I hope 2009 is just as wonderful!!!

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way- the last comment was from Margie- sorry about that!! =)

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home