My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, February 06, 2009

It's Worth It!

That's what I keep telling myself as I continue to whittle away at this packing! It seems like the more I pack, the more I need to pack. Even though the kids aren't going with us, they'll be with Jeff's parents and will still need all of their things while we are gone. I'm way too obsessive to just throw all of their clothes, toothbrushes, etc. into their bags and send them on their way. Actually, packing their stuff is harder than packing for myself. It is worth it, though. They are so excited about spending 5 nights with Mimi and Pawpaw, which makes it easier to leave them. I love the moment that we drop them off with all of their stuff and drive off knowing that they are as excited and happy as we are. We can't possibly need this much stuff for five days, but just in case........

5 Comments:

Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

You are so blessed the kids love staying with their grandparents that long! My kids like to go for a couple of hours, but that's about it! I cannot imagine them being happy staying with anyone for 5 days! I hope y'all have a great time!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Tisha said...

I'm definitely a "just in case" packer! I usually over pack, but I'd rather over pack than under pack. lol

4:40 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

I agree, it is better to overpack than underpack. We, as mom's always want to make sure that we haven't forgotten anything. It is our nature. :0)

5:59 PM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

I hate packing, but it is SO worth it!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

I am so happy for you guys! *sigh*

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home