My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

This Is Why.........

....we don't do professional photo shoots! We were scheduled to get our family photo done tonight for our church directory. I took the kids to get their hair done yesterday and got mine done as well. I ended up going back today to get Patrick's re-highlighted. I planned what we would all wear and had us all ready for the photo. We ended up ordering one pose of only the kids..three 5 x 7's of the same pose. We didn't bother to get one of Jeff and me because we will get some of those on our cruise. We will get one of the family for free..an 8 x 10 but never decided on one that we even wanted. We just ended up settling for one that would go into the church directory. It will be in the directory, but I won't frame the 8 x 10 that we got for free. So, out of all of that planning we got one shot of the kids that I could have just as well gotten of them myself....in a more natural setting and pose. Seriously, we are so anti-studio photo shoots. Tonight only re-confirmed that!

6 Comments:

Blogger Motherbird said...

aww, sorry it didn't work out. I agree though, natural is better.
:-)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Same here. We used to do the professional photo shoots with the girls when they were younger and spent way too much money. I found out that just doing them at home in a more natural setting was so much better and didn't have my nerves all tangled up. Sorry that it didn't go as planned. At least you all got new haircuts in the end. :0)

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pain, huh? ... I've started doing my own photo shoots too. The last time we had professional photos, the photographer made Jared cry. *sigh*

11:11 AM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

Sounds like a pain to go through all that. For our family pictures and the kids' "school" pictures I just took pictures (my mom took pictures of me and Jamie and the whole family) around my parents house. Nice, casual shots. They turned out nice and I like them way better than studio pictures turn out.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Tisha said...

I used to do the studio shots. I haven't been since Garrett was 8 weeks old. I just prefer the natural shots now. I don't really care for the posed cheesy smile photos anymore.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

You guys just need your Friend Mattmos to come over and do some photos. :) We could do dinner too!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home