My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, March 19, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

We started our St. Patrick's Day with a green breakfast....green eggs! I think the kids were all a little hesitant at first to eat the eggs, but they all said that they tasted the same with the green dye in them. We discussed the potato as one of Ireland's main food crops and the history of how it was brought to Europe from the New World. Then, we had cheesy potato soup for lunch.
After school, Madison put together a great scavenger hunt to do outside and a treasure hunt for inside. I was impressed with how she planned and managed it. I just sat back and watched. It was so much fun!I remember as a kid in school I used to tell everyone that they couldn't pinch me because my last name was Green. Well, that doesn't work with the kids, even though it is still my middle name. I had to wear green like everyone else!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scavenger hunts are so much fun!

When I was a kid we went out for breakfast on St. Patty's day, and I ordered hashbrowns with country gravy. The gravy came out green like your eggs, and I almost refused to eat it... My parents made me eat it though. *lol*

2:35 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Sherri, we would do so well together around the holidays. We had a fun day too for St. Patrick's Day! You can read about it on my blog if ya want to.I love Madison's idea of the Scavenger/Treasure hunt.

9:05 PM  
Blogger chandra said...

How fun!! The treasure hunt was a great idea. Aaron put together a treasure hunt for Ian's birthday last week.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

She is so neat, that daughter of yours. *sigh*

1:49 PM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

What an awesome St. Patrick's Day celebration! That's funny about your maiden name. Perfect, built-in excuse lol

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home