My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Our Seismograph

First, let me say that every homeschooling home NEEDS a big can of Tinker Toys. We didn't buy ours for school, but have used them so many times for Science projects.







We're studying earthquakes this week, so I wanted to find a way to make a model of a seismograph. I thought on it for the first part of the week, then finally had the idea to use our Tinker Toys. Well, we managed to make a model that was, at the least, able to demonstrate how a seismograph works.
We had a good time making it and had lots of fun causing our earthquakes to get the readings on our paper towels! One of us would pull the paper(paper towels) while the others shook the table to simulate an earthquake. Then, we could tear the paper towel sheets off to see what the results looked like. It worked :)!





8 Comments:

Blogger Gerkin Pickle said...

How Cool! That looks like so much fun!!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Ami said...

Genius. Sheer genius.

Isn't homeschooling fun?
I have learned more and had more just plain fun since we decided to homeschool (gasp) going on 15 years ago.

What a great project!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

This is so awesome!! I tell ya, I'm coming to school at your house!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

I agree with Amy...I'm sending my kids to school with your kids! Too bad the commute is, like, 10 hours or something!
What a great idea!!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun!! I want to go back to school!

At your house!! :)

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea. Melanie will be studying about earthquakes in an upcoming unit and I will definitely use this idea. Great going girl!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Sherrie...this was just so smart of you. I am so impressed with my pal. :)

2:05 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

COOL you guys make neat projects!

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home