My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

We've had a great day today! The kids got up around 7:00 this morning to a table full of treats that I had set out for them. I filled gift bags with treats and small prizes and bought Halloween crafts and fun things for the day. They were so excited!








I made cinnamon rolls with orange icing for breakfast. Later, we made candy necklaces and bracelets.

















We took Ginger to the groomer this morning and went back to get her this afternoon. She was all dolled up in her Halloween bow!








Carter won a pumpkin and a cool carving kit at Awanas on Sunday night. We carved the pumpkin today. I was a little worried about pulling off the design that they picked out, but it turned out great! Afterwards, we made cookies before getting ready for trick-or-treating.

















We went trick-or-treating with Jeff's brother and his family. We went with them last year and had such a great time. We were happy when they asked us to come back this year.








Like every year, the kids poured out all of their candy to look at when we got home. I'm always sad to see Halloween come to an end. Yes, I'm usually very tired by then, but still hate to see it end. We had an amazing day. Madison, Patrick, and Carter all three thanked me a few times for making the day fun. I do it because I enjoy it and love to make them happy. I would do it for no thanks, but it feels so great to hear them tell me how much they appreciate it. These are such precious times...I don't want to take even a moment for granted!

8 Comments:

Blogger Karate Mom said...

Oh, can you come and be my mom, too? The treat bags sound like so much fun!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day and night!! The cinnamon rolls looked great....love the pumpkin and the gift bags with treats? LOVE it.

So, when're you coming HERE to be MY Mom, too ;)

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had a full, fun day! We made the same bat pumpkin. I guess great minds think alike!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

What an awesome mo you are! That looks likes everyone had a blast!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

That looked like so much fun! I am so jealous.I had a day all set up for my girls too, but got called to go in to my old job. It was a crisis and I HAD to go. ugh! The girls did get to come with me to the party at the mini-school and had a lot of fun, but they said that they had really looked forward to my giving them their first homeschool one this year. I was so disappointed but I promised them that I would make it up to them. So crisis or not, their Thanksgiving party will be at OUR SCHOOL. No ifs, ands or buts. LOL!

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No kidding, I'm coming to your house! Those cinnamon rolls look delicious! I love this time of year!

7:34 PM  
Blogger MommyMommy said...

Sounds like you guys had a terrific day!!!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Amz said...

What a great Mom you are! You can tell you really put a lot of thought into your lessons.

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home