My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, November 08, 2007

I'm So Jealous!

My sister, Vicki, saw the Space Shuttle Discovery fly over yesterday on its way to Cape Canaveral! Her son called her from school where the students were all allowed to go outside to watch it fly over. She lives in north Louisiana, so it was amazing when, approximately 15 minutes later, we watched Discovery land in Florida.
She said that it was a small figure in the sky, but that at one point she could make out the shape of it. It was moving extremely fast, so she couldn't see it for long. Wow!!! I would have never missed that had I known it was going to fly right over her..we would have been there!! If I were granted 3 wishes, one of them would certainly be to go into space. "sigh" A girl can dream!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

That would be fantastic to see the space shuttle fly over! We live in Florida too, Even though we knew they were coming the sonic booms scared us and made us jump... they were very loud this time I thought : )

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome to see the shuttle!! Jimmy's grandparents live in FL and have seen it several times. I'm jealous, too :)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

How cool....my hubby grew up in FL & watched the space shuttle go up many times!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

My husband, who works on the top floor of a building, has said he can sometimes see it take off!

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad works at Edwards AFB. The shuttle landed there in June, and he was the base representative who met the shuttle on the runway and welcomed the astronauts as the exited (it actually takes a while for them to exit because they have to be checked out medically before going into the "public." My dad was SO EXCITED! He was like a little boy on Christmas morning! My brother wanted to be an astronaut, but he has a doctorate in aerospace engineering instead (I am sure his wife is glad). He was so jealous of my dad's experience!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Jjlrdomom said...

We moved from northwestern Louisiana last summer ('06). My hubby is in the Air Force, so we were stationed at the base there and were fortunate to actually go see the shuttle a couple years ago. It was being piggy-backed back to FL and had stopped to refuel. I was surprised at how absolutely dirty the space shuttle was....an excellent opportunity to discuss atmosphere! :) We couldn't get real close, but we definitely got a good view. I have a picture somewhere...

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home