My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, April 06, 2007

Come On!!!

Let me get this straight! We literally do not get a winter at all. Then, when we have finally resolved ourselves to the fact that our sorry excuse for winter is officially over, the temps fall back into the 30's and 40's....and this all happening right when the baseball games are starting and Easter right around the corner. Is that about right?
WE FROZE at Carter's game tonight. Now, I know that we are wimps here in Louisiana when it comes to cool/cold weather, but the wind was cutting right through our extra layers of clothing and too thin throw blankets! It's not what we are supposed to feel like at a baseball game. At one point, I literally had my head under my blanket begging the poor victims to each side of me to give me an update on the game if anything exciting happened! I'll be the first to admit, I am a wimp when it comes to cold weather. There aren't too many things that I will sit out in the cold for...not even with my favorite blue blanket!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son's first game is this morning. It will be 33! I feel your pain!

7:47 AM  
Blogger JakesMom said...

Sorry - no sympathy from the Canadian!! :)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

That's true Jakesmom...I don't guess I showed enough sympathy for you when you still had snow on the ground! I know I couldn't live up there. I fuss about not having much of a winter, but when it is cold, I hate it. This would probably feel like a spring day for you...though it surely didn't for us this morning and last night!
Thanks for the note!!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

LOL, I used to think I wanted to move further north from where we are now because I "love" cold weather...then this year, when we had snow right before Christmas, snow right after Christmas, then ice, then more snow? And I was thoroughly confirmed of my midwestern roots!
Bring on spring! Bring on SUMMER!
I'M READY!
Oh, and slap me when I start whining about it being too hot, ok? :>)

3:25 PM  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Ugh, try living in MN! It stinks up here big time, and today they're talking about 5inches of snow tonight. What thee heck? Just a couple of weeks ago it was too hot for shortsleeves and flip flops. I just WISH global warming would affect us just a teeeeesy bit. Dang.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home