My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Planet Earth

Discovery Channel's "Planet Earth" is an amazing series that took 5 years to film. I am so excited about it that I am considering asking for the entire DVD series for Christmas! A new episode comes on every Sunday night. Nothing that I have ever read to the kids and no pictures that I have ever shown them brings our planet to life like this series. To me, it is the next best thing to taking them to the places that we study. I am taping the episodes and plan to let the kids watch them during our Science time. It's not what I had planned for Science, but we are going to work it in. I think the series will give the kids, as well as myself, a new appreciation for planet earth and our place on it. It's going to be amazing!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't even heard of this! I will have to check it out!

1:52 PM  
Blogger momof3feistykids said...

Thanks for the heads up about this series!

http://steph-roomofmyown.blogspot.com/

7:46 AM  
Blogger Butterfly Mama said...

Sounds really interesting, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Thanks for the info. I'm programming the TiVo right now.

7:39 AM  
Blogger K said...

I have heard about this series, please let us know how they all are. I am thinking of ordering them for Science next year... lazy, I know, but it seems like a great show!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Oh, I wish we could see it, it sounds wonderful! Not having Tv can be a disadvantage sometimes. We have been enjoying the Discovery chanel's "Blue Planet" series through Netflix and it is utterly amazing. You might check them out as well.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

I've heard so many great things about this show that I've considered signing up for expanded cable again!
BUT, it's good to know that buying the DVD's could be an option. Maybe I'll go that route.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

We are going to buy the DVD set even though we are taping most of the shows because we won't have to deal with the commercials. I just think they would be great to have to back up lessons!
Thanks for the note.

7:40 AM  
Blogger fcsuper said...

I love the series as well. Just amazing shots of the animals in their enviroment. I want the DVD too. :)

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home