My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Baseball, Buddies, Bunnies, and Baskets

That's what our day consisted of! We started our day out with Carter's practice baseball game. As predicted, it was very cold, however, very worth it. The team played so well and won.








Afterwards, we went out to eat pizza, along with 2 of the boys' friends. On the way home, we picked up a cousin for Madison to played with and went home. The boys all played together while the girls and I had fun in the kitchen. First, we made Rice Krispie treats. I tried to make them pink, which only succeeded in grossing the boys out because, as they put it, they looked like hamburger meat. However, they didn't have a problem with eating them! Afterwards, the girls and I put the eggs on to boil to dye later and then cut the egg cartons up to make a bouquet of flowers. They gathered little sticks from outside while I cut out leaves to add to the stems. They painted them different colors and we put them in a vase. We're going to sit them in the middle of the table tomorrow during our Easter meal.








Next, we called the boys in to join us and dyed the eggs. Of course, with so many kids and so many containers of egg dye, it got a little messy....but we got it done. Now, it's up to the Easter Bunny to do the rest! The kids have the eggs sitting out for him to hide and their empty baskets waiting to be filled. All I have to say is.....I'm glad the Easter Bunny has to hide those eggs and fill those baskets because I'm way to tired to do it!!! Thanks Bunny!!! We'll leave you a Rice Krispie meat....I mean treat... as a nice reward!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun and busy day! Congrats on the win!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home