My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pretend Play

When Vicki and I were kids, there was nothing that we enjoyed more than pretend play. We would get up in the morning and start playing something that might still be going on two days later. Yes, we had fun riding our bikes and swimming...the normal childhood things...but it was always in the context of whatever pretend play we had going on at the time. Even trips to the grocery store or weekends with the grandparents became part of our play.
I never thought that anyone else could ever play as we did, but I was wrong. It makes me so happy to watch Madison and her cousin, Kinley, play together. They are so much like Vicki and me that it makes me laugh inside with joy to watch them play together. I'm so happy that Madison is close to Kinley in this way....in the way that sisters are together. I have so many great memories of growing up with someone always by my side to play with. Madison doesn't have Kinley all the time, but when they are together, it is as if they were never apart. I know that it isn't the same as having a sister, but it gives me comfort to see the two of them together. I pray that, as they grow older, they will not grow apart!


















7 Comments:

Blogger K said...

school looks like so much fun at your house! I am so behind in blog reading! Thanks for stopping by mine. I miss homeschooling the way we used to. Now I am just always pressed for time and I am missing the fun stuff!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet! I never had a sister or even a girl cousin. I was always a little envious of those of you who do!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

awww, reminds me of my and my sister Tabatha and my neighbor and "sister" Heather. :) Sweet times I must say. :)

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bond is so special and one that should grow with them through the years :)

12:36 PM  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

My sis and I played with dolls (paper and real) for years after most girls thought it was "cool". We didn't care, we had FUN. Every day. We never fought and if someone would criticize us for anything we've done...we would just shrug our shoulders and think that "there must be something wrong with THEM!". Having a close sister or friend like that for a lifetime is the best thing for building a strong, confident, truthful young lady for life!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

AAAAAAAHH!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

This reminds me of my sister Nicole. We used to play like that together for hours and days at a time. I also had a close cousin that I was able to share all that with.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home