My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 26, 2007

Our Volcano

We had fun erupting a volcano last year, but it was one that my niece gave us to use.This year, we decided to make our own. We couldn't decide what color to make it, so we used all of the colors we had!I didn't know if they would be interested in erupting another one since we had done it last year, but they were....so much so that they used an entire bottle of vinegar and the rest of my baking soda. I guess some things never get old!!









This week we move on to stars...one of my favorite things to study. I guess it's time to get the telescope out!

7 Comments:

Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Oh we loved studying the stars and just looking up in a different frame of mind. I can't stay on it too long as I get claustrophobic and so small feeling at the same time, and then I freak out cause I am on a big rock hurling through space! AHHHHH! Okay, must change the subject!

The volcano is FUN, I so want to do that with my boys one day. :)

3:58 PM  
Blogger MommyMommy said...

looks like fun!!!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

another fun experiment! It looks like the birthday was a great time too! Nice to be back and getting all your fun homeschooling info!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

Cool. I never did that volcano thing. But stars, yay! I love the winter sky the best.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

oooooh, boy, now the kids are going to make me make this. They love messy explosions!

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids looked like they had a lot of fun with this volcano. I don't think that kids ever get tired of things that erupt or explode. My oldest studied astonomy 2 years ago and she loved it. We didn't have a telescope and had to borrow a friends. This year I am definitely gonna purchase one. It is something that every homeschool should have.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the multi-colored volcano. Now, that's fun! :-) And, when we've done our volacanos (twice now), my dd can never explode them enough times. Lots of fun!!!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home