My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Little Help

I had a little help today with the cleaning. I hadn't intended on pulling the kids into my cleaning spree, but the boys offered to help.








Madison was content to hangout on my new laptop.....my birthday gift from Jeff :). She helped Mimi clean her house yesterday, so I cut her some slack. Mimi knows that Madison likes to go over to her house and help out, so she paid her to help with her cleaning yesterday. Madison would do it for nothing, but does love coming home with the extra money.
We got a lot done yesterday, and Madison did end up cleaning her room, bathroom, and closet. As always, I have to remind myself to accept the work that they do without nagging because it wasn't done exactly as I would have it. I think that sometimes I expect too much from them and have to remind myself of how young they are. It is enough that they are willing to help. There is a difference between putting down their efforts and teaching them how things are done. I'm still trying to figure it out!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great helpers you have!

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great that they like to help. Even if their skills aren't quite measureable to yours, they are at the very least learning a great lesson in being helpful without complaint. :)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Yes, Jenn, you are right. That's what I try to remind myself. Last time I couldn't get Madison to get her room the way I wanted her to, I just went in there and helped her...showed her the things that I want her to do so that maybe she can do it that way next time....or closer than she had it :). I guess it is a learning thing.
Thanks for the note.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home