My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, June 17, 2007

How Liberating!

When is the last time that you took a trip with your family and DIDN'T TAKE A CAMERA?!? I can now say that I DID. I have to admit that it was an accident, but one that I was actually glad happened. It was great to just enjoy the weekend without worrying about when to take pictures....what pictures to take. I challenge anyone who is "picture crazy", as I am, to take a trip without the camera!!
Jeff, the kids, and I went out of town for the weekend for my birthday and Father's Day. Also, we needed to get away from "life" again. We left on Friday and came back today, Sunday. On Saturday, we went to a new waterpark....well, new to us since we'd never been there.Since we were there on a weekend, we had to put up with the crowds, but it was still a great place. It was just nice to enjoy the day without being rushed for time...nothing to worry about but ourselves and which slide to go on next.
None of us were ready to get up and head back home today. We're ready for our big vacation so we can stay gone for a week! We're not planning on going until September, but might have to plan something before then!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen Hossink said...

Sounds like a great weekend.
I understand the camera thing...The pressure of wanting to have fun but still make sure you capture pictures of everyone else having fun. And then you get them developed and have to put them in scrapbooks, which of course means paper and stickers and journaling and I am SOOOOOO far behind on scrapbooking it's scary.
Maybe I'll leave the camera behind a few times!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Yes, Karen...you should leave it behind sometime!
I used to never get behind with putting pictures into albums, but since digital cameras, I have. The point in getting them developed before was to SEE THEM. Now, since we can see them immediately, there is no incentive to get them developed. So, I am now far behind!!!
Thanks for the note!

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I would've freaked out about not having my camera, but I can understand how that would make you able to enjoy it more. Glad you had a fun getaway!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Thanks Lauren!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

I'm glad you had a good time! I so often forget I have the camera with me and end up not taking pictures even when I didn't forget it.

I tagged you for the 8 things meme... http://camianacademy.homeschooljournal.net/archives/411

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home