My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Family Fun Night

Our homeschool group had Family Fun Night with a chili cookoff tonight. I wasn't feeling well today, so I almost talked myself out of going. However, I really wanted to spend some time with the other families in the group. I knew that once I got there it would be fun. I was right. We all had such a great time! Jeff had three home health patients to see this evening, so he didn't make it.
We had plenty of varieties of chili to choose from. I didn't know there were so many different ways to make it. Jeff or the kids don't like a lot of extra stuff in ours, so it is pretty plain....but just the way they like it! My chili didn't win, but that's okay...it was fun.

















The kids had a good time running around playing with the other kids there. They had all sorts of games to play in the gym as well as free reign on the musical instruments in the church. Patrick said he enjoyed it because the adults were so busy visiting that the kids just got to do what that wanted..haha. The truth was, we knew what they were up to and that they were in a very safe environment for that type of play.








What were we so busy doing? Why, line dancing! Jeff's cousin was there with her precious sons, and they taught us all some line dances. I think there were more adults dancing than children. No one cared who could dance or not....we just had a good time trying to get the moves and laughing until we forgot what we were out there for.








I'm so glad that we went tonight, even though I really didn't feel like getting out. Madison told me on the way home that I must be feeling a lot better. I have to admit, I did forget there for a while that I'd been sick all day. Funny what a little laughter will do!

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

What fun! I wish we had a big, active group like that!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That first pic looks like something out of a new PBS documentary..."March of the Crockpots"!

Looks like you had a great time!

Jenn

2:08 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Looks like you all had lots of fun!!!!!! I have been trying to leave comments for weeks on your blog but because of this beta blog change, I have been having a difficult time leaving comments on anyone's blog. Glad to see that crockpots are making a comeback LOL
Sherri

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home