My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Chronicles of Narnia

We received a wonderful handout today at church concerning "The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe. There are discussion questions that you can use to see how much of the movie your children comprehended and how each one perceived it.
There is a link to the recipe for Turkish Delight, a treat that plays a significant role in the story. The handout recommends that you read the book with your children before going to see the movie. I had mixed feelings about this. While I don't want to ruin the element of surprise that having never seen the movie can bring, I also know that after reading a book that it is very exciting to think of watching it played out before your eyes.
We decided to get the book. We bought it at our church's bookstore today. Jeff was worried that I wouldn't be able to read it all to them while the movie was still out. He should know me better than that :). There are 17 chapters. I sat down with the kids to read a few of them tonight and didn't stop until we had finished chapter 8. Even then, the kids begged me to read more. The book is very well written and keeps you wanting to read more. I hope the movie does the same. I'm sure we will finish the book tomorrow. Hopefully, I will be able to make the Turkish Delight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home