My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, May 12, 2008

Our Family's New Hobby

Jeff has been taking Madison and Carter to play tennis for a few weeks. Patrick hasn't really wanted to go, and I have been healing from a fractured rib(just a hint...don't attempt to try at home any of the karate moves that your children learn in karate class!). Finally, tonight, Patrick and I joined them. We both played and had a great time!








The last time Jeff and I played tennis on this court together, we were a dating couple in our senior year of college. He attempted to teach me the game, but I was a terrible tennis student. I had no patience for learning correct techniques. I just wanted to get out there and hit the ball back and forth, which I found was not so easy. Little did we know that over 15 years later he would be teaching me again on the same court, along with our three children...the same three children who have taught me the patience that I need to learn. I now love the game, and I love playing it with my family!


5 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Awww what a great story!
Sorry to hear about your injury, but glad to hear that you are doing ok. That karate kick will get ya every time. LOL! No seriously, I am glad that you have mended. :0)

7:04 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

It must be the time for tennis! Kyle has been wanting to go play for about a month. We took lessons last summer and they LOVED it. Kyle has already asked to take them again. Drake is all about anything sports....anytime. Amazing how some places take us back in time. All those memories come rushing back.....

12:40 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

AWWWWWWW! Have fun you guys!

If you guys can get mama off of the picnik. LOL!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

What a fun family activity! I never have had much patience for tennis ... I just want to see how hard I can smash the ball! We're more of a baseball family.
Watch out for karate! It's a dangerous sport!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Great way to get some exercise and what a fun activity to do together as a family. It's always great to find something that everyone enjoys. Sorry you got hurt, though.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home