My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Two Down...One To Go

We finally got around to dissecting our grasshopper this week. We've been focusing so hard on finishing Math and English that I've had a hard time fitting in Science. First they did a journal page on what they remembered about the worm, then we did the grasshopper. I was surprised that the boys had a harder time with it than Madison did. Carter helped me a little with the cutting, but after I had it opened he or Patrick wanted nothing more to do with it. Madison actually studied it more than she did the worm. We had a harder time finding things with the grasshopper. If it was because of our poor dissecting skills, I hope that we have better luck with the frog.
I had planned on this being our last week, but we needed a few more days to finish up a few projects. Wednesday will be our last day!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Sherri, where are you getting the dissecting kits from? Could you please e-mail me and let me know. Hannah has to do a worm this year and she has 3 more weeks of lessons left. We would have been finished for the year next week, but with her being so sick she missed 3 weeks of school. If I can't get it ordered in time, we will just complete it over the summer. I think that Madison is very brave for not being squeamish. I know that Hannah will not have that attitude. LOL!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Your almost done! Your such a cool mom to do the Icky Science.

Rhonda, I have seen them at home science tools or something like that.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Chelita is right, Rhonda. I did get the kit from Home Science Tools.
Thanks for the notes friends :).

7:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool! That's interesting that your daughter was more interested in it than your sons!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home