My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, May 16, 2009

I Love Days Like This!

I knew that Jeff would be gone for most of the day, so I let each one of the kids ask a friend over, plus we had our neighbor, Josh. Madison got up before 5 this morning to go fishing with Jeff. When they got home, Jeff and Carter had ball practice and brought one of Carter's ball friends home with them. Jeff then had to leave for a singing. Patrick invited a homeschool friend that we recently met, and they get along so well. Madison asked a friend of hers that lives right down the road from us. The great thing was that the rain held off until the evening, so they were able to stay outside all day. I love having my house/yard full of kids...it just makes me happy. Patrick's friend is spending the night and will go to church with us in the morning.I helped Madison and her friend, Kaitlyn make pretend driver's license using my new laminating machine that Jeff's mom got me for Christmas. We had so much fun, and they turned out so well!!! They also made one for Madison's cousin, Kinley. It was a fun little project. They wanted them to use when they drive the go-cart and 4-wheeler :).
Finally, when the rain drove us inside around 7:30, we ordered pizza for dinner. Kaitlyn's mom came and got her before we ate because of the weather. After taking Carter's friend home, the rest of them settled down in the living room for a movie. These are the days that make me so ready for summer break!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

What a lovely, fun day!

7:27 AM  
Blogger WhisperWood Cottage said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my WhisperWood Cottage blog! This does look like a day to love! Your blog is filled with wonderful memories!

Amy

8:32 AM  
Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

It looks like they had a blast! Thank you for having Michael over!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Julie said...

That does sound like a great day! ... We have some sunshine today, and it sounds like a good day for us to have a day like that! :D

10:12 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

It was our pleasure, Jessica!!! Thanks for having both of mine over today. Carter was so excited when Michael asked him if he wanted to stay and play too!!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

LOL...Carter and his friend making those faces! LOL! I can't wait to come over on Wednesday.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Stagnant Life said...

The kids look like they are having a blast! How FUN!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Yep, a house full of kids is such a blessing! Looks like they all had a wonderful time.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Michael T. said...

Thanks for letting me go over there, Mrs. Sherri! I really had a blast. I finally got my old password back for my Blog, and I did two new posts just this morning. I had lots of fun over there, and we had even more fun, (if that's possible) being able to spend the weekend together!!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home