My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, April 24, 2009

The Best Medicine

Like most everyone else lately, I am so ready for school to be over and for summer vacation to begin. I just feel like I am in a rut with things and struggling at the same time to finish all that we have to do before we can call it a year with school! I'm ready to be out of the house every day with kids over and friends to hang out with. I love to be home, but I start getting a bit cranky when I'm ready to be around people and do something besides our every day routine. That's why I have been taking the kids and as many friends as possible to the park as much as we can for the last couple of weeks. As an extra treat today, we took Chelita and her boys with us! Chelita is the kind of person that just carries happiness and fun with her. Yes, she can get down like the rest of us about things, but she never forgets how to find fun in any situation. That along with the fact that we just seem to bring out the kid in each other, I knew that I needed to be with her today. I needed to laugh and take life less seriously today. Thankyou, Chelita, for helping me do that...LAUGHTER really is the best medicine!We ended up with 7 kids, Chelita, and me. First, we went fishing at the park. The fish weren't biting...or at least not what we were trying to feed them. It was still fun watching the kids learning to bait the hooks or, in the case of the boys, skipping the poles completely in favor of the nets. It's so fun to watch how excited Remy, Chelita's youngest son, gets over any little thing that he finds in the water. He could be running at us with a rotted stick and his excitement over it would spill over. Afterwards, we took our stuff over to the playground area and let the kids play and walk on the trails. As the evening set in, the weather was so perfect. I think I could have pitched a tent and stayed out there all night, giggling and carrying on like we do when we are together.
Instead, we loaded everything up and took the kids to eat at a sandwich shop with outdoor seating.
We stayed at Chelita's for a while when we took them home...the boys love climbing the trees in her yard. Then, we dropped Madison's friend, Abigail, off at her house and ended up staying there to visit and let all of the kids play for a while with Abigail's brother. We finally dropped Josh off next door and made it home around 9:30 tonight. I was excited to see that Jeff was putting the pump into the pool, which means that we get to clean it out and get it ready for summer tomorrow!!! We have a lot of work cut out for us tomorrow, but if Chelita and the boys come over to help, as she said they were, then we should be able to turn it into something fun! I'm looking forward to it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

That sounds like the most wonderful day! Fishing sounds like fun. I think that it is time to gather up our poles and go fishing with some friends.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

I use to be that person...

9:29 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

It was a fun day...and I needed it with all that has been going on. Thanks for the days off from thinking about the scary stuff. :) Hugs.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

It sounds like y'all had a great day! I've never thought about fishing at Kiroli!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home