My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, April 16, 2009

We Are Trying!

Even though I usually let my kids have the same breaks as the public school kids, I decided to put off spring break to make up for some lost time. This week reminds me of why I usually let them off with the school kids. I try to never turn down invitations that the kids get to play, so it's hard to fit school in when my kids' friends are out of school and ready to play. It was good, however, that my kids worked hard to finish their school each day by noon so they could have friends over.
On Monday, their cousins came over to play. Carter had his first baseball game that evening. The boys had a friend over on Tuesday then spent the night with him on Tuesday night. Madison had her friend, Abigail, over for the night. Since Abigail homeschools, she did her work here on Wed. I told the kids if they would finish their work by noon that I would take them, as well as Josh and Abigail's brother to the park. They finished their work on time, so we packed a lunch and took it with us. The weather was perfect! I took my book and read while the kids all played.Josh stayed the night with us on Wed. and went to Carter's game with us on Thursday night. Carter's team lost again, but it was a very close, intense game. The kids all wanted to go back to the park, so we invited the cousins, Bailee and Caiden, to go with us on Friday. We were going to do it after they finished school but decided to go in the morning to beat the rain. We took lunch again and spent most of the day there.
Madison took her drawing stuff.
So, we managed to fit in school and fun time with friends. This week just made me more ready for summer break!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Julie said...

It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to homeschool when the public school kids are out of school. The neighborhood kids just won't take no for an answer and will knock on the door every 5-10 minutes, asking the kids if they are done yet. It's so annoying!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

I so wish we could have went that day. *sigh*

I love the photos.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

Looks like fun times! We don't have a problem with neighborhood kids. The couple that are at home sleep way it and the rest are at daycare on breaks.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

I try my best to keep the girls on their schedule so that they can have off the same days that the ps kids do. We have neighborhood friends that come knocking on the door during the holidays and the girls love playing with them. We did have off for spring break and it was nice getting back into the swing of things this week, but we are so ready for summer vacation!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home