My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

The kids and I met some homeschooling friends at the park on Friday. We all put our blankets and chairs together and visited while the kids all played. It wasn't as nice out there as it has been since the humidity has kicked in here, but we had a great time together.On Saturday, Patrick went to a birthday party with a friend then to his house to play. The rest of us took the boat out fishing. We stayed until after dark...until the mosquitoes got the best of us. We caught a lot of fish and had a great time! I always love the first fishing trip of the summer.On Sunday, we went to church and then out to eat. In the afternoon, we went fishing again. Patrick stayed at Jeff's parent's house with them. He really doesn't enjoy fishing like the rest of us. I used to make him go so we could all be together, but I just do what makes everyone happy now. It was a perfect day for fishing at first, but we were driven out by the rain after about 1 1/2 hours.We spent the rest of the day playing games and watching The Passion. We've held off letting the kids see it because of the nature of the violence in the movie, but Jeff has felt led to let them see it. Patrick and Madison both left the room when they were scourging Jesus. Madison came back when He started carrying His cross, but Patrick didn't come back until the end. Carter watched the entire thing. I didn't make them watch any of it that they didn't want to. It has even been hard for me to sit through it the two times that I have seen it. So many people just don't realize the amount of torture that Jesus went through before he was ever even nailed to the cross....it's hard to grasp. Every time I see Him look up and ask forgiveness for those torturing Him it humbles me.
I hope all of my "mother" friends had a great day of fun and rest. Thanks to my family for making me feel special on, not only this day, but every day of the year!

7 Comments:

Blogger Motherbird said...

Happy Mother's Day Sheri! I'm glad you had a nice weekend. :)

11:50 AM  
Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

It looks like you had a great Mother's Day! I wondered why I didn't see Patrick in the pictures! I can't imagine Michael enjoying fishing, either. Occasionally he says he wants to go out with Ernie's Dad and try it. The park was so much fun! We need to do it again before it gets too hot! I've got a few pictures on my blog. If you want me to email them to you, just let me know! Are you going to the used book sale Thursday?

10:31 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Sweetness...I am glad your day was so good. :)

2:59 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Your fishing trips look like so much fun! My girls enjoy fishing, but I think that Lindsay enjoys it the most. You should see that kid cast her fishing pole! She does it way better that I do. :0)

I went to the movies with my mom to see "The Passion" when it first came out. We both cried so hard. It was very hard for me to watch the torture that he was put through. My girls have not watched it yet, but I think that I will let Hannah watch it now. Melanie says that she does not want to see it at all. She says that she does not want to watch the pain that our Savior was put through. It is her choice though and there may come a day when she changes her mind and I will be there to watch it with her.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Happy Belated Mother's Day.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

Looks like an absolutely lovely weekend!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

You people are some kind of good-looking! Looks like a fun-filled active weekend. Glad it was happy for you.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home