My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, May 04, 2009

Homeschool Field Day

We had our homeschool field day on Friday, and it was amazing. The kids had so much fun. Carter participated in all of the events. Patrick only did the egg toss because he was too busy talking about video games and movies with some of the other boys. Madison was too old for the games..they stop at age 12...so she helped me with the 10 year old group that I was assigned to.Carter won ribbons in 6 of the 8 events, so he was very happy. Patrick left with an invitation to the movies with one of his friends....he was just as happy :).Madison's friend, Abigail, went to the field day with us. She is still 12, so she was able to compete in the games. At the end of the games, all of the age groups did a tug of war together. It was the boys against the girls, with the boys outnumbering the girls by over 10. It was an unfair advantage for the girls, but they wanted the challenge. They never beat the boys, but they had a fun time trying! Afterwards, we went out to eat, then Carter went to the college football game with Jeff's parents that night. This is the first year that we've participated in the field day. I'm not sure why we haven't done it in the past, but we won't miss it again!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Julie said...

That sounds like so much fun! I haven't been able to find a homeschool association in our little town... Wish we could do things like this!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

Great pictures! It was such a fun day!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

It looked like a great day with lots of fun. WTG Carter on all of the ribbons! Hannah is too old for some of the activities that we do here, but I always let her help me out with the things that I do so that she won't feel left out. I love watching my girls grow up, but sometimes I miss those younger years. Give Madison a hug for me.

5:56 AM  
Blogger April said...

Looks like fun!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

What fun! :)

2:29 PM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

That sounds so fun! I can't believe Madison is too old for the activities already.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home