My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, April 21, 2007

He Can See!

My Carter had to get glasses! He has been complaining of not being able to see the dry erase board during school. Then, he started having trouble hitting in baseball. One day, he put my glasses on and said that he could see better. So, Jeff took him for an eye appointment and found out that his vision was 20/100! I don't know how he has not ended up with a broken nose behind that plate every game catching, much less throwing the ball back and forth in the yard with Jeff. Also, it explains why Carter has been having a difficult time with copying work from the board. I have had the hardest time trying to figure out why he couldn't simply copy work from the board to his paper...poor thing wasn't even seeing what was on the board. I feel like such a bad mommy for not catching it sooner. I guess he didn't know to voice that he wasn't seeing well because he had just started thinking that what he was seeing was normal.
He loves his new glasses. If any of my children had to get them, I'm glad it was Carter because he still hasn't reached the point that he worries about what other people think of him. All he knows is that he has cool new glasses and can see better...and hit better.
Carter had his first game today since getting his glasses. He stated that he can actually see the red seams on the ball now when it is coming toward him!!! The team won 19 to 3...yippee.
Afterwards, we had opening ceremonies. I love to see all of the boys in their sweet little baseball uniforms. I'm not a very sporty person at all, but having a child out there can make you fall in love with the sport. My mother-in-law always told me that it would happen that way......she was right. Of course, she loved sports even before her boys played anything. I can't think of very many sports that she hasn't either coached or played...or both.




The kids all had company for the rest of the day. I let each one of them have a friend over. We went for pizza after we left the ball park and then just played here. I forgot how great it is to stay outside all day, then come in tired and dirty at the end of the day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

He looks adorable!!!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Dana Leeds said...

My dd was very disappointed after going to the eye doctor for the first time a few months ago and being told she did NOT need glasses. :-) I had just gotten reading glasses and her only cousin has glasses, so I think she just really wanted some, too. The doctor did give her some of those "cool" glasses you get when you have your eyes dialated. Um, no thanks!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad he's doing well now! I remember when I first put on my glasses and thought, "So THAT's what the world out there really looks like."
Jen Burke

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the glasses are working well! My son got them when he was three. That was nice because he doesn't really ever remember not having them. I agree with you about the baseball uniforms. SO CUTE!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home