My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Valentine's Day Party

We met the homeschool group at the skating rink today for our annual Valentine's Day party. The kids all decorated boxes for their valentines and took treats for the party.



















There were so many children there. They told each child to take approximately 40 valentines. That wasn't nearly enough. I counted the boxes/bags and there were 90 of them....I saw more come in after that. There were probably over 100 children there in all!








Add the parents into the mix, and it made for a very crowded skating rink. I loved it. I love to look around and know that everyone there is either a homeschooled child or a teaching parent. It is an awesome thing to be in a situation where everyone has that in common. We are so very fortunate to have an organization the size of ours....as active as ours. It was a fun day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

I love those boxes! :)

11:28 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hi Sherri!

I looked at your hummingbird feeder post...very nice! And, I must say, the view from your kitchen window is stunning. You do live in California, correct? It sure doesn't look like the California that I am familiar with!

You asked about our homeschooling... it is going well, thank you. I am especially trying to be more consistent with narrations. Sometimes they struggle with trying to remember what I have read, or they don't get the sequence of events correct, and the like. But, many times they amaze me... and the information really does stay with them! Their memory is much sharper than my own!

Take care.

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home