My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

More Confirmation

This was the headline today on MSN/NBC:

Kans. ed board OKs evolution-centered science
Guidelines backed by conservatives skeptical of Darwin repealed


While at my sister's house this past weekend, my nephew approached me with a question. He wanted to know what I thought came first...the chicken or the egg. I told him that it was simple. God created the chicken first. He told me that at school he had heard that, according to evolution, the egg had to come first, so the chicken could evolve from it. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. He is from a Christian home and is very active in church. He has been taught creation at home, but was still being led toward questions by what he heard at school.

What happened with my nephew, along with the headline today, is just more confirmation to me that my children are where they should be. Yes, they will face these views out in the world one day. However, they will be older and more grounded by then so that the views may not cause doubt to creep into their minds. I am so thankful that I am able to show them God in every subject I teach them, including Science!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home