My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Back To Work

We started back with our schooling on Monday. I knew it would be hard to get my kids back on schedule and into the swing of things, but didn't anticipate having a hard time myself. By Tuesday, I found myself feeling down and not really knowing why. I had a good talk with the kids Tuesday about showing initiative in the mornings with getting themselves dressed and ready for school. That night, I really thought about it and realized that I hadn't set a good example for them. Today, I got up early like I normally do and got things moving. I had everything planned and laid out...ready to go. Between talking to them and setting an example, today went great! They all got dressed, brushed their teeth, and made their beds without me saying anything. I made my bed and got breakfast into the oven before sitting down for my computer time. We started by 9:00 and finished before 2:00.
I felt so much better today. My feeling down on Tuesday was a result of not having myself pulled together and back into our routine.
Children truely do learn by example. I pray that God will always remind me of this when I forget. I gave them a lot of praise today for their initiative. My reward was their obedience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home