My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Watson Family Reunion

Our family has so many reunions that we could attend each summer, but the one that I probably enjoy the most is Jeff's mom's family reunion.  I love to be with this family because everyone is so easy to be with and so much fun.  I hate nothing more than to go to a reunion where everyone just sits around and talks.  This is one reunion that, as the kids have gotten older, has gotten funner every year.  Not only did we spend the weekend playing on the water but spent the evenings piled up in the lodge den playing games until late at night.  It seems like, as the family grows, that I meet at least one new person each year that I just adore.  I love watching my kids bond with their cousins and feel proud that they can be connected to something so much bigger than just our immediate family.  My kids really are lucky to have so much family on both my side and Jeff's side of the family. 
This year, I was a little nervous about the set up of our lodging.  Most of the families stayed in the camp's central lodge.  It consisted of a large living area, a kitchen, a shared bathroom with two shower stalls and bathroom stalls, and around 20 separate rooms that contained not much more than a small mirror and two sets of bunks.  It turned out to be the most amazing set up that we have ever had for this reunion.  Staying in the same area forced those who may not normally hang out in the evenings to do so.  In other settings, family groups had a tendency to gravitate toward each other and do their own activities.  Here, many of the family groups were together in this lodge, so my family came away from the reunion feeling like we got to know the others so much more.  My kids loved the set up, especially Patrick. 
On the way home, we spent some time in downtown Hot Springs.  We have taken our kids to Hot Springs a few times, but we never get tired spending time walking downtown through the shops and old bathhouses.  Madison's friend, Elyse, was with us and had never visited the bathhouses or seen the natural hot springs.  It was fun showing them to her for the first time.  It was a fun way to end a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

It sounded like it was a wonderful time spent with family. I miss our family reunions. No one really has them anymore from my side of the family or my husband's side.

We loved our vacation in Hot Springs. One of our favorite shops to visit was "Romancing the Stone" My mom still talks about it after all this time. It made a lasting impression on her.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

:) So much joy in these photos.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home