My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Who Would Have Guessed?

I would have never believed you if you told me that I would one day get excited about a trip to Sam's and Target to buy supplies for school. However, after taking the kids to the movies today, we did a little shopping for a few things we need before starting back with schooling next week. I guess you could say that it's great that I can enjoy something so trivial so much.....makes it easy for Jeff to entertain me! Walking into Sams makes me feel like a 5 year old in Toys R Us. Putting the new dry erase board into the buggy was equivalent to an 8 year old boy tossing in the new PS2 Transformer game. I bought containers to organize things, folders, tape for my label maker, and even a cool new human body book. I will stay up tonight like a kid on Christmas night organizing my new stuff. Is this pitiful....maybe for you.....but, hey, it makes me happy!
Speaking of happy, the movie we went to see was Mr. Bean's Holiday. Now, many kids will see the previews and THINK that it might be a silly movie to go to......and will go to see it for that reason. This wasn't the case with my kids. My kids asked to go see Mr. Bean because they KNEW that it would be a funny movie. They knew because we have always loved to run across Mr. Bean on TV. I am so lucky in that all three of my kids have the same sense of humor as I do. Not just anyone can enjoy movies like Mr. Bean and Napoleon Dynamite, but all of us really really did! Mr. Bean did not let us down today. Somehow he has managed to make his move from the TV to the big screen intact....he is the same Mr. Bean that he has always been. I was already laughing before my bottom even hit the seat......and laughed the entire way through. There may have been times when Jeff wished he would have waited and rented it so we could have watched it in the privacy of home.....or not! We had a great time!!
Now, off to play with my new things. Remember...never say never. In a few more years, it may be you getting excited about shopping trips to Sams and Target on a Saturday night! Who would have guessed?!?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Found your blog via The Kaiser Family blog where you posted a comment.

I know exactly what you mean. For me, going to buy office or writing supplies is a major high. I LOVE walking into Staples or Officemax with the same fervor I love walking into a bookstore or Brick Oven (with my FAVORITE hot fudge brownie sundae.) So I understand.

Good luck with your home schooling this year.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Cyndi said...

Oh, what does it say about *me* that I got all giddy just reading what *you* got at Sam's and Target? LOL

I can so relate!

And, we're looking forward to the Mr. Bean movie, too. We watch him on Youtube and crack up!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I get excited if I get to go to the store without all my kids! I think I would have to check myself into a nuthouse if I homeschooled! My biggest admiration for all of you who do. There was a time when my oldest was in 2nd grade that I thought it would be eaiser to do home school than to deal with his teacher. At the time we lived in a tiny town with a 2 room school -- one teacher and one teacher's aide for grades K-8! It was not a good situation, but we moved into "town" and he got a great teacher that so far all of my kids have had Yeah! :) I did take that teacher before the county school superindent... she ended up leaving the state! Thanks for stopping by my blog, it is nice to "meet" people through blogging. Good luck this year and may all your school days be exciting and educational.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home