My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Babysitting

Madison has always looked forward to getting old enough to babysit. Jeff's mom calls her over sometimes to help with her younger cousins when they are at her house. She's gotten to spend the last couple of weeks helping out for 3-4 hours a day with her 4 year old and 1 year old cousins. She loves it! I think she is at such a great age for this because she's old enough to be responsible, yet young enough to still enjoy playing. Her 4 year old cousin, Jayden, loves her. She doesn't see Madison as someone who is babysitting her, but just as another playmate.
I bought Madison the greatest little babysitting kit from the bookstore. She is unorganized in some ways, but so loves to organize certain things in her life, so she was very excited about her kit. It's just so hard for me to think of Madison in this role. She's always going to be my baby and need me to take care of her...in my eyes, so it's hard to think of her in a care giving role. When I watch her with her younger cousins, it's sometimes like she is another person. It gives me another perspective of her and helps me to appreciate her as an older child...not just my baby. It has been a great experience for her....not to mention that she loves the idea of making her own money. Being able to help her Mimi with the girls has been a great introduction to babysitting for her. It has given her a chance to experience it without total responsibility. I appreciate my mother-in-law for giving her this opportunity!













4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember how much I loved to babysit! So fun. The pictures are so cute!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Madison looks like a natural, she keeps everyone actively engaged.

Mimi, is that a nickname for Grandma? My nieces call their Grandmas Mimi, don't know where they picked that up.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

11 through 14 are the BEST ages for babysitters! My Trina really benefitted from a local red cross babysitting course and packed a babysitting bag complete with a first aid kid and activities! She is so responsible and good at it. She never loses patience with OTHER people's kids. Now, with her little bros and sisters...we're working on it!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Yes, Tina, Mimi is their name for Jeff's mom. She didn't start out asking them to call her that, but it somehow happened :). She likes it now.
Thanks for the note!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home