My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Inuits

We studied the Inuits (Eskimos) of Western Canada and Alaska today. We are taking each continent, dividing it up into its countries, and studying each one. We started North America last week. Their project today was to make Inuit finger masks like the ones that the Inuits use in ceremonies and rituals. The small holes at the bottom of the masks are used to put the fingers through to hold it. As you can see in the picture, even Ginger got into the task! I look forward to finding fun things for the different continents/countries.











4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun project, and how cute that your dog joined in on the fun!

12:49 PM  
Blogger momof3feistykids said...

Ooh ... cool finger masks. :-)

3:49 PM  
Blogger JakesMom said...

That's a really great project. And I love that your little puppy is in on the crafting too! :)
And I am very jealous of you post on my blog that you are wearing shorts & mowing your lawns down there!!! Do you have room for a family of 3 and a large dog? :)

4:11 PM  
Blogger K said...

Hi Sherri,
I happened upon your blog today and felt an immediate kinship. I am a COTA, although now I am a homeschooling mom among other things. You have a beautiful family, and a sweet doggie too!!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home