My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 09, 2007

Getting Away From Life

That's what we're doing this weekend. We haven't gotten away alone as a family since our trip to Florida in September. I can't believe it's already been 6 months.We won't take another big vacation until the public school kids go back after the summer break, so we will just take small weekends away until then. There's something about getting away from everyone else...away from the house and responsibility...away from a time schedule...and just doing our own thing. We know what things sound fun to us where we are going, but haven't planned our days out. We just want to figure it out when we get there. With Carter's baseball about to start up, we will be very tied down to schedules.

We absolutely love to watch Carter play, but it does take a LOT of time. Once it gets started, there will be no weekends off until it's over....it is all consuming. I can't believe it has been almost a year since he finished last season! He's very excited about playing again.

Now, I have to try to get the kids to do the rest of their school work for the week. They know we are leaving when Jeff gets home and will have a hard time sitting still to do it. Maybe I can work it in my favor somehow!

4 Comments:

Blogger momof3feistykids said...

Have a wonderful weekend!

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

What a great photo! You all look so relaxed and happy!
We have not had a real vacation in 2 years! Yikes! I am definitely ready for one! Weekend trips are great in the meantime, but you are right that there is nothing like just leaving it all behind for a good long while. I am going to insist on a vacation very soon!
Have fun!!!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

I hope your having a wonderful, wonderful time as I type!

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home