My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 16, 2007

Cleaning Day

Since starting homeschooling, I have had a hard time finding time to keep my house the way that I like it. I've tried cleaning around the school schedule, but it just doesn't work. I really don't like to be tied down with the house on Saturday when Jeff is home. So, I've decided that we will take off every other Friday to have a cleaning day. It's very easy to absorb a day into the rest of the week, so we'll still be able to get all of our stuff done. I'm hoping this will be a solution...I hate feeling like things are out of control around the house. The kids are excited about having no school today....we'll see if they are still excited when the cleaning starts :)!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I hope it works well for you. Have a good Friday!

11:11 AM  
Blogger K said...

Sherri,
I don't know if you've ever heard of the Fly Lady, but she has some wonderful routines that help you to keep on top of the house work without having to do it all in one day.

www.flylady.net

I've been using bits and pieces of her plan for years. And when I do it, it works great!!

BTW, thanks for stopping by my running blog. If you haven't seen my other blog, www.holyoakhs.blogspot.com, it has more of my homeschooling and regular life.

One other tip for you, set the timer for each task that you are going to do. Tell the children, we are only going to work on this for 15 mins (or 10, or 5). This gives them a sense of "this will end". Then move onto the next task. Also, praying together before you "bless your home", helps to keep what you are trying to do in perspective.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home